Red Star Medals Conferred by the Central Military Commission of China Revolution of the Chinese Soviet Republic
The Order of Red Star Merit 1st Class: 5.5 cm in diameter, 0.1 cm thick
The Order of Red Star Merit 2st Class: 4.3 cm in diameter, 0.1 cm thick
The Order of Red Star Merit 3rd Class: 3.4 cm in diameter, 0.1 cm thick
Material: The Order of Red Star Merit 1st Class: gold; The Order of Red Star Merit 2st Class: silver; The Order of Red Star Merit 3rd Class: bronze
On July 9, 1933, the Central Military Commission Decree on Awarding the Order of the Red Star Merit pointed out that in the process of the revolutionary war, it is the duty of every Red Army soldier to fight courageously and fearlessly against the enemy for the liberation of the workers and peasants based on the political consciousness of their class. However, as they devote themselves to the fight for the whole soviet regime, their special merits should be awarded and encouraged. Therefore, the committee has set three classes of the Order of Red Star Merit, which will be conferred to the following people based on their merits. First, people who led and made special contributions in all or part of the revolutionary war. Second, people who changed the situation and made special contributions in a specific battle. Third, people who were consistently brave and resolute. All parties and military commands shall evaluate the performance of their soldiers and submit a brief report of their merits to the committee for review and approval prior to the twentieth of this month. The Order of Red Star Merit shall be presented accordingly on August 1, the anniversary of the founding of the Red Army.In view of the criteria above, Zhou Enlai, Zhu De and Pen Dehuai were conferred the Order of the First Class Order Red Star Merit, Peng Shaohui, Chen Bojun, Qiu Chuangcheng and others the Second Class Order of Red Star Merit, and Yang Dezhi, Song Yuhe and others the Third Class Order of Red Star Merit. The medals that record their accomplishments have been well kept. They were donated to the Military Museum in 1959.